Meditation as Analgesic

meditationtechnique.us

An hour of meditation for three days can give sufficient analgesic effect, according to a study. Meditation allows a person to reduce the tension and anxiety, thereby, lessening the pain in the body. It is like accepting and engaging with the pain rather than distancing yourself from the pain by taking pain killers.

After reading such, I have been trying to meditate but I always find myself falling asleep during the course. Sheesh.

Other topics of interest:
Eye Floaters
Cataract Removal: The AcrySof IQ ReSTOR Way
Insecticide Treated Bed to Fight Against Malaria
Hot Drinks for Flu
Flossing and Its Many Benefits

1 comments:

Anji said...

At least you were relaxed enough to fall asleep.

When I had a lot of pain in my back I concentrated on the breathing execises I learnt for giving birth. They helped a lot, as you said "accepting and engaging with the pain".

Related Posts with Thumbnails